The project location map
The project location map shows the locations of projects that have received funding. Applications are open for years two (2022-23) and three (2023-24).
Projects that have been funded so far:
Project reference CC001 - Badger Brook Farm, Longdon
Hedgerow protection, wildlife pond and tree and shrub planting.
FiPL grant of £19160.70 over 2021-22 & 2022-23
- Improve the quality of an established hedgerow network which forms a traditional landscape with fencing and field gates to prevent stock from causing damage, allowing the hedges to grow wider.
- Wildlife pond created
- Watercourse protection at a ford to maintain White-clawed crayfish habitat.
- Small scale tree and shrub planting
- 0.3ha of winter bird food.
Project reference CC002 – New Hayes Farm, Cannock Wood
Grassland and grazing management, wildlife boxes
FiPL grant of £2175.10 over 2021-22 & 2022-23
- Installation of 25 bird and bat wildlife boxes along woodland edge.
- Fencing to secure field boundary.
- Installation of a water trough and pipework to allow more effective grazing management
- Green hay strewing on grassland to improve floristic diversity.
Project reference CC005 – Four Oaks Farm, Penkridge Bank, Rugeley
FiPL grant of £16872.82 over 2021-22 & 2022-23
- Management and improvement of hedgerows through gapping, fencing and planting of hedgerow trees.
- Planting of new hedgerow to connect existing hedgerows.
- Installation of field gates to improve grazing management.
- Improvement of small mixed plantations by planting of native trees and shrubs.
- Establishment of an orchard, secured by post and rail fencing to protect browsing by deer.
For more detailed information on this project, please see the Four Oaks farm case study
Project reference CC006 – Beau Desert Golf Club, Hazelslade, Cannock
Heathland creation and management.
FiPL grant of £16,578.10 over 2022-23 & 2023-24
- Site clearance after removal of coniferous plantations.
- Scraping and vegetation removal to allow heathland to develop through seed bank and addition of heather brash.
- Management of existing heathland through cutting to create diverse age structure and conditions for Cannock Chase berry.
- Control of invasive species including bracken, Japanese knotweed and Himalayan balsam.
Project reference CC007 – Beaudesert Park Farm, Upper Longdon.
Regenerative farming and rotational grazing
FiPL grant of £11,718.44 over 2022-23 & 2023-24
- Creation of 3.64Ha of herbal ley to increase biodiversity and assist in stock health management.
- Introduction of rotational grazing with associated infrastructure including bowser, shelters for stock and temporary electric fencing.
- This will improve sward management and ensure that species rich grassland is managed effectively.
Project reference CC008 - Staffordshire County Council – RAF Hednesford
Heathland restoration and wildflower meadows
Grant of £8,823.26
- Restoration and management of 8.2Ha of heathland.
- Creation of 0.5ha of species rich wildflower meadow to identify locations of former RAF buildings.
- Interpretation panel to explain the importance of the site and biodiversity.
Project reference CC009 - Land off Borough Lane, Longdon
Management and improvement of hedges, woodland and Shropshire Brook
Grant of £8,153.50 in 2022-23
- Hedgerow tree planting and gapping of old hedges to restore traditional hedgerow pattern
- Installation of new fencing and field gates to allow hedgerows to grow bigger and wider and to prevent poaching and contamination of Shropshire Brook from grazing stock.
- Installation of new livestock troughs to provide water supply for stock without accessing Shropshire Brook.