The Cannock Chase AONB Sustainable Development Fund is run by the National Landscape Partnership to help keep the area special.
We will support projects that:
- Conserve and enhance the natural beauty and heritage of Cannock Chase National Landscape
- Support the social and economic wellbeing of local communities in sustainable ways that care for the environment
- Have the support and involvement of local people and meet a recognised local need
- Help deliver the AONB Management Plan
We particularly like to support projects that:
- Encourage everyone to get involved
- Remove barriers to people’s enjoyment and involvement in the outdoors
- Bring people together to tackle problems or promote new ideas
- Examples of projects that have previously received money through this fund include:
- Installation of bird and bat boxes.
- Creating wildlife gardens.
- Production of information boards, leaflets and books.
- Wildlife surveys such as the 2022 Cannock Chase Quinquennial
- Breeding Bird Survey.
- Heritage projects.
- Production and promotion of a video to raise awareness of the National Landscape and the protection it needs.
- Providing access to art and eco-therapy to clients with a mental health diagnosis.
More about the fund and how to apply
You can use the Sustainable Development Fund to establish a new project, or to add value to existing projects.
Applications are welcome from public, private, voluntary sector, community groups, individuals and businesses from within or outside the AONB. You must be able to demonstrate that your project will have a direct positive impact upon the AONB, have a clear public benefit and satisfy the conditions attached to a grant. Decisions on grant awards are made by a Panel of AONB partners and stakeholders.
The closing date for applications is midnight 16th May 2023 and projects must be completed by 31 March 2024.
If you have a project in mind, you are encouraged to speak to us in the first instance when considering applying to the fund. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and an AONB officer will contact you.
More information about the fund is included below. Just click on the boxes to download the documents.